PODCAST: Planning ahead – Making A Will and Choosing Guardians
For most families, making a Will is either in the too-hard basket or at the bottom of the to-do list. With limited time and resources, planning for death is almost considered a ‘luxury’ most of us don’t have.
But the message in this episode of the podcast is clear – your family will always be better off if you have a Will.
“If it’s too late, it’s already too late” – Jacqui Brauman
Our expert guest is Jacqui Brauman, principal solicitor of the all female law firm TBA Law. Jacqui has written and published In Case of Emergency, a practical guide for young families in the case of injury or death, and Death and Social Media, a guide to your digital estate planning.
What we’re talking about
- The consequences of not having a will in place
- Common misconceptions people have about wills
- What’s involved in making a will
- Tips for choosing guardians for children
- Asking permission to appoint guardians
- Protecting the best interests of your child, including the management of finances
- Making superannuation death benefit nominations
Listen to the podcast
‘In Case of Emergency’ by Jacqui Brauman – eBook
‘Death and Social Media’ by Jacqui Brauman – Research paper
How to Appoint Legal Guardians to Protect Your Children’s Future by Jacqui Brauman – Webinar
Wills and Powers of Attorney – General information via ASIC’s MoneySmart
Connect with Jacqui
Jacqui Brauman (LinkedIn)